Wednesday 6 May 2009

My Final Summative Blog

  • Age?
    21
  • Sex?
    Female
  • What is your degree subject (both if joint)?
    Psycholohgy and Philosophy.
  • Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
    Yes it has.
  • If so, how? And if not, why not?
    Because some of the topics covered in this module have helped me with the psychology side of my degree.
  • Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?
    In my opinion the module hasn't been too demanding at all.
  • Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?
    I think that there is a wide range of different topics that could have been covered in this module, but the topics that were covered in the time we had to study this module were appropriate to the subject of Being Bad.
  • Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?
    There are a lot of topics that could have been taught in 'being bad' so it would be difficult for me to choose any that we haven't already been taught.
  • Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
    I think that it was really inconvenient at which the time the lectures went on until.
  • What did you think of the module team?
    It was better that we had a different lecturer each week as I think this stopped people loosing interest in the lectures.


Do you think it would have been better to have had more:

  • Small group discussions?
    I think that we did, because we talked in the lectures anyway.
  • Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?
    No because if we had an opinion about someting that we were being told then we would talk about it with each other.
  • Information and talk from lecturers?
    I think that the lecturers taught us what they could in the time that they had to give the lecture.
  • The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
    Yes because it stopped me loosing interest as I got to learn about something from a different perspective each week.
  • Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
    Yes I think that these sort of modules are a good idea.
  • Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
    I dont know if I have benefited especially but I have found the module interesting.
  • Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
    It has been quite an interesting module so yes.
  • Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?
    Im not sure what modules I am going to study at level 2 yet, but it is more than likely that I will, yes.
  • Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
    If they wanted to study Philosophy then yes.
  • Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
    They weren't a bad idea but I do think that they were rather inconvenient and time consuming.
  • What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?
    For me personally I think that it has been better to have two shorter assignment, as this has given me more time to complete other work that I needed to do.
  • What have you learned from the module?
    About different people, how they live, what they like, etc.
  • What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?
    To be honest, I haven't really found that much of the module 'usefull', but I have found it interesting, and some parts of what I have learned in the module will be usefull to me at some point.
  • What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?
    I think that the week we did bad cinema was a waste of time, but that was down to the fact that I thought the film we had to watch in the lecture was disgusting.
  • Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?
    None that I can think of, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment